It’s critical PR leaders keep themselves up to date with what’s happening in the worlds of media, marketing and communications.
That’s easier said than done as these areas that are changing at alarming rates. In part one of this episode of PR Leads, Dionne Lew and Trevor Young discuss why it’s important PR professionals read widely in order to gain ideas and insights from a broad spectrum of information sources.
Being able to think strategically is critical for PR leaders today, to be able to ‘join the dots’ of a challenge or issue, cut through the noise and get to the heart of the matter creatively, aided by insight.
In part two of the podcast, Dionne and Trevor discuss the books, blogs and podcasts they regularly read or listen to, including:
- The Cluetrain Manifesto (Book)
- Krista Tippett’s On Being podcast New Rules of Marketing & PR and Web Ink Now blog by David Meerman Scott
- Scott Monty’s The Full Monty newsletter
- Brand Newsroom podcast hosted by James Lush, Sarah Mitchell and Nic Hayes
- Brand Storytelling with Rakhal Ebeli
- Jay Baer’s Convince and Convert blog (including Social Pros podcasts)
- Inside PR podcast
- For Immediate Release (on the FIR Podcast Network)
- Ian Cleary’s Razor Social blog
- Social Media Examiner blog
- Optimize by Lee Odden (book)
- Seth Godin (books and blogs)